PDA

View Full Version : Cell Format

Vladq07
01-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I am writting a macro, but I do not know how to do the following:

I need to be able to see a formula in the "fx" section on top of the worksheet, but at the same time I need to be able to see the total of the formula in the cell. It is already working, but I have a small problem. I need to double click on the formula and then hit "Enter" so it will show the result.

For example: in the cell I have the following " = 8+8+8", in order for me to see the total "24" I have to double click on the cell and hit "Enter", so it will show "24" on the cell, but it will keep showing the formula "=8+8+8" in the "fx" cell on top of the worksheet.

I want to write a macro in order to get rid of the manual process of the double click and the enter.

Thanks,
Vlad

lucas
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
moved to appropriate forum. Vlad, you will come closer to getting help with Excel here than in the announcments forum.

lucas
01-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Vlad, please don't continue to post the same question in multiple threads.

georgiboy
01-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Can you post a workbook with an example of this?

Vladq07
01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks, I was new and I did not know where to post my questions. However, it looks like it is already where it is supposed to be. Let me know if I still need to remove it from the "announcments forum"

lucas
01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Vlad, I moved it so you don't have do anything except provide georgiboy with a simple example workbook so he can see what you are trying to do.

hit post reply at the bottom left of the last post....post your messange and then scroll down and look for the button that says "manage attachments"