PDA

View Full Version : automatic bold formatting as you type

ixcentrik2
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi,

I need to do some transcription work for my job and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do an automatic formatting from bold to non-bold as you type. basically it looks something like this:

interviewer: whatever he says

participant: dadada

interviewer: fjdkjfdk

participant: dadada

so basically, if there's a way to write a script that automatically switches between bold and non-bold whenever there's an empty line.

thanks for any help u can provide!

TonyJollans
01-20-2009, 11:57 AM
This is remarkably similar to a question that was asked and answered in the Microsoft newsgroups a few days ago. My answer now, as then, is to use two Styles, each with the Style for following paragraph set to the other one.

lucas
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Please read this (http://www.excelguru.ca/node/7) on cross-posting. It will help you understand why people pass by opportunities to help you when they find out you are guilty of this inconsiderate activity.

fumei
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I would also suggest doing some research on how to properly use Word. It is designed to use Styles, as Tony mentions. If you used styles properly...

1. you would never HAVE any "empty" lines.

2. you could easily do what you seem to want to do.

ixcentrik2
02-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I apologize, I didn't realize that someone had already posted the same thing before. Yeah, I've been to forums before and I realize that can get pretty annoying. Thanks for responding anyway.