PDA

View Full Version : help with code for conditional summary sheet

fry
01-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi Guys

Initially I'm not sure how to even search for something like this but I am in need of help with a little coding again.

I'm getting a maintenance workbook together that has many worksheets in it, each worksheet representing a vehicle.

In each worksheet B3 will be the vehicle reg and C3 the type. There will then be a table starting at B7 and ending at E7 with date entered, fault descrip, fault remedy and date complete in them. Each fault being entered in the row below (ie B8-E8, etc).

A 5th column (F7, F8, etc) will calculate the number of days the fault has existed without remedy and I'll conditional format them to go red if any get to 7 days.

That about covers it for each sheet but what I'd like is a way of doing a summary (a macro??) that goes through each sheet (eg 30 rows) and checks the calculation in column F to see if any are 7 days or older.

If they are I'd like it to list B3 and C3 then the relevent row that has the entry that is red (ie B7 to E7, B8 to E8, or whatever row number it is)

I know this is a coding thing and I'm completely stuck on how to do this so any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :hi:

mdmackillop
01-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi Fry,
Welcome to VBAX
Can you post your workbook with sample data? Use Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced reply section.