PDA

View Full Version : Install addin for everyone

Djblois
01-23-2009, 07:45 AM
I just found this directory in one of my books:

officedirectory\office\library

From what I read I think what ever installs there would install for everyone using Excel on the server. Is that right?

Also, if it is right - how do I find it? I have tried to find it and it is not there?

I am using Excel 2007 on a server.

I am trying to get it so I can update my program without the user having to each time. Right now people are getting errors that I already fixed because they do not bother to update the program until I force them to.

Bob Phillips
01-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I know of no way to install something automatically on all desktops. The best I could do was to have th addin on a server and install it from there, as long as the server has a universal drive lettere in the organisation. But that still requires installing the addin on Excel on each machine.

Maybe it means put your addin in the XLStart directory as that will get it opened when Excel starts up.

mdmackillop
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
If the add-in is for a specific workbook, you could add code to that to open/close the add-in. If consider NOT copying it to the local PC, this means you have only the server copy to maintain.