PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Need some help with coding

boller4prez
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi I'm creating some code and I'm not really sure on how to procede.

I have two sheets. Sheet 1 has the data in a different format. I have created some code so that it is in the same format.

Sub concentate()
Set s = Sheets("Sheet1")
Dim i
Dim val As String
i = 2
Do Until (s.Range("G" & i) = "") Or (s.Range("H" & i) = "")
s.Range("p" & i) = (s.Range("G" & i) & "-" & s.Range("H" & i))
i = i + 1
Loop
End Sub

Now here comes the tricky part. I want to create some code that:

1. highlights the entire cell column green if the partial match of the .rpm package is obtained AND the cell in sheet 4 contains the value installed ok.

2. If the .rpm package is not found anywhere or the value "install failed" highlights the cell red.

3. I have another set of data and if it find install failed or is not installed on the second machine. highlight the cells yellow.

Here's my thought process:

1. Use to find try and find a partial match on the .rpm and installed ok.
(cannot get it to work in either excel or VBA)

2. do a partial find and if no match is found highlight red. if a partial match of install fails is found also highlight red.

3. Create 2 more columns named Machine 1 and Machine 2. Place install ok, not installed, install failed depending on the outcome of 1 & 2. Run a compare of cells calus and if they are not equal to each other. Highlight the entire column yellow.
(can code myself)

boller4prez
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I want to create some code that:

1. highlights the entire cell column green if the partial match of the .rpm package is obtained AND the cell in sheet 4 contains the value installed ok.

2. If the .rpm package is not found anywhere or the value "install failed" highlights the columns red.

3. I have another set of data and if it find install failed or is not installed on the second machine. highlight the cells yellow.

Here's my thought process:

-Do a partial find on the .rpm package. If a match is found PLUS the text "installed ok". Highlight the cells green. Record installed in the app column under machine 1 or 2. (Data for machines are on seperate sheets)

-do a partial find on the .rpm package and if no match is found highlight the columns red.
-do partial find on "install failed". If found highlight the columns red.
Record "not installed" or "install failed" in the app column under machine 1 or
(Data for machines are on seperate sheets)

3. Create 2 more columns named Machine 1 and Machine 2. Place install ok, not installed, install failed depending on the outcome of 1 & 2. Run a compare of cells and if they are not equal to each other. Highlight the entire column yellow.
(can code myself)

boller4prez
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I have solved this portion of this thread.