PDA

View Full Version : Help

nepotist
02-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I am sorry I couldn't find a right title for this topic.

Here is what I need help with:
Table: my table contain three main fields, One the Name of the Project, CID and TID.
Form: three forms. form 1 contains one combo box that show all the project list, you select a project and click the update button.Form 2 pops up with the project information. This form 2 contian a subform form 3

Now the problem is that the is a possibility that I have two projects with same project name, but there CID and TID can be same.

Initially I designed the form one to show the CID and project name and then based on the selection I took the CID value to run the query. but my boss is like " I dont want to see the CID I just want to see the project Name".
So basically I need to run the query based on tow parameters now the first column of the cmbo box and also the CID value in the second column..

My question is How to I retrive the column two value of the selected value in the combox.

Did I make it clear enough??

Any help is appreciated guys. Thank you

CreganTur
02-17-2009, 06:27 AM
My question is How to I retrive the column two value of the selected value in the combox.

You use the .Column property of the combobox object:
Me.Combobox.Column(1)
The above code will pull the value of the second column of the combobox for the selected item.

HTH:thumb

nepotist
02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
thanks randy... I can always relie on you :D