PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Recover autoformat for form styles

Victor
02-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi all:

I deleted the autoformat for form styles (the ones that come with Access) and now I want them back.

I reinstalled Office 2003 but they are still missing.

Is there a way to revover the Access 2003 autoformat styles once they are deleted.

Please let me known.

Thanks for the help.

CreganTur
02-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum- it's always good to see new members!

You can setup your own styles by hand. For instance, if you want to setupa background image you need to look at the Form property picture- just enter the filepath of the image you want for your background. YOu can also choose colors for the different objects on your Form. It is easy to copy the style setup of one object to another by using the Format Painter- it's on your toolbar and looks like a paintbrush.

Other than that, I don't know how to reinstall the styles.

HTH:thumb

Victor
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I found the solution from support.microsoft.com

To recover an AutoFormat style, follow these steps:

Start the copy of Access that contains the AutoFormat style that you want to recover, create a new database, and then name it Db1.mdb.
Create a new blank form, and then name it Form1.
In Design view, click AutoFormat on the Format menu, click the name of the missing AutoFormat style, and then click OK.
Save the form, close the database, and then quit Access.
Do one of the following:
If you are using one computer with two copies of Access, go to the next step.

-or-
If you are using two computers, copy Db1.mdb to a floppy disk, and then insert the disk into the floppy disk drive of the first computer, where the AutoFormat style is missing.
Start the copy of Access where the AutoFormat style is missing, open Db1.mdb, and then open Form1 in Design view.
On the Format menu, click AutoFormat, and then click Customize.
Click Create a new AutoFormat that is based on the Form 'Form1', and then click OK.
In the Style Name box, type the name of the AutoFormat style, and then click OK.

The new style is now available in the Form AutoFormats list.