PDA

View Full Version : copy imported data into other sheet

Eville
02-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Hello,

My 1st idea was to collect data from the logsheet into the last sheet called Blue residue. But thats not gonna work (as you can see) because there is no fixed amount of logsheets. It can be 2 or 30 or more.
Im not sure how im going to manage this but now my idea is to get data from another file and import it into this blue residue sheet.
Then i want to copy each data (coil, supplier etc) into the logsheets.
Im not sure because im not skilled enough to do so but maybe it is possible to do it with the Vlookup formula (i failed to do so as you can see in logsheet(1) ) combined with something that checks the last coil position? Maybe a formula i can use in conditional formatting that checks last coil data and fills in the other data in the rows below for each logsheet? So i enter the 1st coil and the formulae do the rest of the work?

When you open the attachement please ignore the auto update Query refresh. Im still messing about with that trying to import the data the way i can use it ...

Thx in advance!

Eville :hi:

lucas
02-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Eville, I have read this through a couple of times and looked at the attachment. I still don't understand what you are trying to do.

Give us the first step in your plan.....what are you trying to do?

Eville
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Eville, I have read this through a couple of times and looked at the attachment. I still don't understand what you are trying to do.

Give us the first step in your plan.....what are you trying to do?

Hi,

What i want to try to do is automatically copy data from blue residue sheet A4 B4 C4 D4 E5 to logsheet(1) B8 B9 B10 B11 B12, copy data from blue residue A5 B5 C5 D5 E5 to logsheet(1) B18 B19 B20 B21 B22 and so on for each coil untill the logsheet is full. No buttons or anything to make a macro running because this sheet is used by at least 50 different people and some will forget. The data entered can change in the meantime so needs to be up to date and accurate at any time. (eg refresh every 10mins, untill maximum 60mins)
Then press the 'Nieuw logsheet' button so a new empty sheet is generated and again this sheet same cells are filled with the next data from the blue residue sheet (cells A11 untill E17).
The blue residue sheet i hope can be automatically filled with the query thing, because this data is coming from somewere else. (ignore the formulae i entered like the one in blue residue sheet cell B4: ='LOGSHEET(1)'!$B$9 this was a test to try if its possible to do it the other way around)
Each coil is unique so in the example coil number E1E only exists one time. This can be used to check previous entered data i think?
Because each coil should only be entered into the logsheets only one time.

Hope this made abit more sence? :dunno