PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Userform Capabilities

CaptRon
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I'd like to learn more about userforms, how they work, what they can do, and how I can make them work for me.

I would like to be able to develop a workbook where the user's only interaction with the workbook is via the userform. They must be able to prepare and print a report.

Know of some especially good resources, examples, and training materials?

Thanks,

Ron

lucas
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Ron, attached to this post is a very basic data input example using textboxes to put data into the next row of the sheet........

Just to get your feet wet...

code is in the userform......post questions here if you see something you don't understand.

Ps. I don't have 2007 so all of my examples will be 2003..

lucas
02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Once you start getting your data into rows you will want to figure out a way to print reports.....

click in column a to select which items you wish to print....the template can be formatted any way you want it. The code is well commented so you should be able to figure out how the template sheet is populated by studying the code and comments.....

You can also save the report sheets if you desire as worksheets......this is just a basic example as was the data input example.

It is set up to preview instead of print during test process. That can be changed once you get it set up.

lucas
02-18-2009, 08:39 PM
an address book that demonstrates the ability to add, edit or delete data and add selected items to a sheet to print list.....

the selections are returned to the userform using label captions.....

That should get you started. I don't know what kind of layout you have going but keeping data in rows is very convenient for excel.

The sheets can be protected or even hidden from view.

CaptRon
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks, Steve.

This should keep me busy for a bit.

I use Excel 2003 for the most part, but I also have 2000, 2002, and 2007 on my machine so I can test my workbooks through them before I distribute to the field. In our state agency, we use everything from 2000 to 2007. I dropped 97 when I acquired 2007. Can't say I like 2007 at all and I don't work in it unless I have to.

Ron