PDA

View Full Version : Merging 2 identical tables - Access 03

philh06
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi all

Had a quick look around but couldnt find a solution.

I have imported 2 data sheets from excel to access, they are identical in structure (source 1 has the max amount of records excel will allow 65k - source 2 has just over 3k at the moment)

I want to merge both tables so I am able to continue using analysis tools in excel but can find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance:banghead: and just noticed I have also put this in the wrong forum aarrrhhhh

Kenneth Hobs
02-19-2009, 09:18 AM
You should be able to use a PivotTable to avoid the row limitation. You may need to Join the data using SQL.

CreganTur
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
You can use an Append query to move records from your smaller table into your larger table. Just be sure that you setup your Primary Key before you do this- setting the primary key will ensure that you don't add duplicates to the larger table.

Which analysis tools in Excel are you wanting to use? I ask because you can build pivot charts and tables in Access, and you can also control the data through queries and display it with reports. Moving your process into Access could be a better fit, depending on what you want to do.