PDA

View Full Version : Auto Run Code in presentation

countryfan_n
02-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Hello friends,

Can someone please help me. I have a VBA code named "ABC" in a powerpoint presentation. I need the code to run the second the presentation is opened.

You know just like Excel's code Workbook_Open

Your kind help is truly appreciated!
Nawaf

Cosmo
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
There is no way to automatically run VBA macros in Powerpoint. You have to run them manually (click a button, mouse over a button, choose a macro, etc.)

jfournier
02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't know if this just works with powerpoint addins (ppa) files but there if you put Auto_Open and Auto_Close subs in a standard module these will be run on opening and closing the file, respectively...

I think it should work in a regular PPT file too...

Cosmo
02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't know if this just works with powerpoint addins (ppa) files but there if you put Auto_Open and Auto_Close subs in a standard module these will be run on opening and closing the file, respectively...

I think it should work in a regular PPT file too...
These are only for add-ins. There is no way to automatically run macros in PowerPoint.

Cosmo
02-23-2009, 09:11 AM
I should be a little more specific. There is no way to automatically run macros in PowerPoint without using an Add-In.

You can write your own Add-In to handle your specific needs, or try this.
http://skp.mvps.org/autoevents.htm

BUT - Anyone you want to run the presentation will need to install the Add-In for it to work, you cannot just distribute the presentation itself. If the Add-In isn't installed, the macros will not auto run.