PDA

View Full Version : Updating graphs based on choice in drop-down menu:

tim.maciejew
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone,

I am working on a little side-project for school. I would like to include an Excel spreadsheet that updates automatically depending on the selection made in a dropdown menu.

The scenario is this:
I am a reseller of various goods. My products come from multiple vendors which are located in a variety of countries. I purchase these goods in bulk, markup the price by various percentages, and then resell the goods to multiple customers. I am trying to utilize the power of Excel in order to track the successes and failures of various transactions.

A sample of the data I am using, and graphs I created in Photoshop (which I would like the final Excel graphs to look similar to), can be found in the file attached to this post.

Any help/advice that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul_Hossler
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd look at the pivot table/pivot graph feature

I have 2007, and added some examples usiing pivot tables to your spreadsheet, but they should still work in 2003

Paul

tim.maciejew
03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for taking a look at my spreadsheet! I'm fairly new to Excel, and have never used the Pivot Tables before. The information you added to the sheet is very interesting. I should be able to play with the data you have provided to make it fit exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for putting in the time to provide this great template!