PDA

View Full Version : Staff planner- Got more ideas from my employer

anik18
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Last time i told you what i want to add in Staff planner but you all got confused what i said. Now my employer has given me Specification paper to get idea on what to add in VBA project. If you read that Specification paper (see attached file) then you will understand what code to add accordingly to that. Hopefully you will help properly this help as i tried myself but wasn't perfect. I thought i will compare with yours and see which one is better. I have also attached Staff planner file, it is same as last time so that you can continue from there. : pray2:: pray2:: pray2:

Anik

anik18
03-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Here is the staff planner sheet. It is similar to last time. You can work from this file. Hopefully you will help me. :think::think::think:

Bob Phillips
03-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Maybe it is just me gettintg out of the bed the wrong side this morning, but this is the second post this morning that I have read and see as provocative, especially from people seeking FREE support here.

I looked back at your previous question, and your explanations were trulyawful, they meandered, were unclear, and variable. To then read here that ... If you read that Specification paper (see attached file) then you will understand what code to add accordingly to that. Hopefully you will help properly this help as i tried myself but wasn't perfect. I thought i will compare with yours and see which one is better.

Those are my emphases, but it does nothing to make me want to help you. I don't see much mileage for me to produce a solution just so that you can compare to yours to see which is better. If you were looking for help to improve, and posted code which we could critique that is one thing, just giving you an alternative so that you can then go and claim it as your work ... forget it.

Quite honestly, I think you should get someone in to do the job for you, use the market.

anik18
03-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Hey Xld, you don't have to do my work if you can't do it. There is no need to be rude and please don't think my job is to work on VBA as it is one of small work my manager has given me. That time I was not expert in this so it is not compulsory that i have to give this to manager. I have already done this Staff planner by using java and C++ because I am expert with that. I thought i will also try with VBA. I realised VBA is quite weak which doesn't work what i am looking for. VBA is not powerful so to me other people here can't do better what i was looking for.

GTO
03-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Last time i told you what i want to add in Staff planner but you all got confused what i said.

Now my employer has given me Specification paper to get idea on what to add in VBA project. If you read that Specification paper (see attached file) then you will understand what code to add accordingly to that.

Hopefully you will help properly this help as i tried myself but wasn't perfect.

I thought i will compare with yours and see which one is better.

I have also attached Staff planner file, it is same as last time so that you can continue from there. : pray2:: pray2:: pray2:

Anik

...and...

...There is no need to be rude...

Rude?! You have to be kidding! I read thru the former thread. XLD gave you extensive and painfully patient help.

Further - "you all go confused," "then you will understand" and "Hopefully you will help properly," all infer or allege that the lack of your progress is the fault of the person(s) committing their time to help you.

Further - "...I will compare with yours and see which one is better." is just plain galling.

As to:

...you don't have to do my work...

By golly, I believe you have that part correct.

- No Further -

lucas
03-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Well said gentlemen. We are a very friendly forum but that doesn't give you leeway to treat our members as if they are on your payroll.

Bob has already made a good suggestion, you should hire someone:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/consulting/

I'm sure there are other people out there who would help you with this for a very reasonable fee.

DanOfEarth
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah,

I understand what you're trying to achieve and you REALLY want to get a structure together before looking for feedback.

If I was to guess WITHOUT reading the entire spec sheet, you're looking at a minimum of 50-80 lines of code using either worksheet or true VBA (by one of us sloppy coders, half if you're efficient) and a worksheet filled with formulas (possibly a user form or two?). Secondly, that can be presented a hundred different ways on the outset and tied into god knows what.

In other words, these guys can can help you with the a link or two, but you have to supply them the chain.

C++ is definitely powerful, yet VBA is sort of a subset of VB, which can also dance just as nice as the lower level languages. "Weak" needs to be replaced with "more job specific". Play nicely when you're in the forum sandbox.:bigkiss: