PDA

View Full Version : Macro Help

sajanjiv
03-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I have an excel spreadsheet that needs to look at two separate cells for information, than go to a particular website and pull off information and put it onto the spreadsheet. There is also a timer involved as each item must be timed.
In this spreadsheet under macros there is already a macro written for it however it is not working so it either needs fixed or re written. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, the website I need the information from has an IP address shutdown if there is too much information taken off at a time so there is a timer written in to only pull off a item once every minute.

I need the spreadsheet to look at column “G” (Vintage) and “F” (Name) go to the website wwwdotwinesearcherdotcom pull of the information on the top 10 prices given and put them on the spreadsheet.

Column “X” shows the last update on the first line, “Y” through “AH” show the 1st 10 prices with the two cells below showing the name in the first below and the location on the second cell below.

You will also see in the code I need to start and stop from certain points.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: this spreadsheet I am giving you is from an old 2003 version. Will it work on the 2007 version as well?

Thanks if you can help

Warm Regards
Sajanjiv

Bob Phillips
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I can't get any URL to return anything. Can you give us an example URL?

sajanjiv
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
actually i cant post links..
but i have written
its wwwdotwinesearcherdotcom
replace the word dot with . in the above address
i am nt allowed to post links yet...

mdmackillop
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
A missing dash (http://www.wine-searcher.com/) I think

sajanjiv
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
ya..i think it redirects here only..
wwwdotwine-searcherdotcom

Bob Phillips
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, but that is nothing like the URL that you have in the code. The code has the wine name price, vintage etc. as arguments in the URL string. That is what I can't get to work.

sajanjiv
03-05-2009, 01:21 PM
ya...tht s because i want the code to pick up names of the wine from column F and similarly for vintage status etc
the URL in the code is how that website searches using the name and vintage status

Bob Phillips
03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I know you do, but give us a working URL so we can see what is going on.

sajanjiv
03-06-2009, 12:39 AM
I am sorry, the URL in the code was slightly wrong. Actually it worked with the earlier version of the site.

sajanjiv
03-06-2009, 12:40 AM
I will give a new URL shortly

sajanjiv
03-06-2009, 12:41 AM
For the current version, an example of a working URL is as below
http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-select.lml?Xwinenameid=&Xwinename=%22napa%20chardonnay%22&%20WineName%20&%20%22&Xvintage=%22NV%20&%20Vintage%20&%20%22&Xlocation=USA&Xstate=ANY&Xcurrencycode=USD&Xlist_format=N&Xkeyword_mode=A&Xbottle_size=Bottle&Xprice_set=CUR&Xprice_min=&Xprice_max=&
I have filled in Napa Chardonnay as the name of the wine for test and NV in the vintage column. In the working macro, these values should be retrieved from the excel worksheet, i hop u get what i m trying to say here

sajanjiv
03-07-2009, 01:29 AM
any headway friends???