PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Show Code Pane in Main Window

johnske
03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
OK, OK, this may seem weird (that's ME), but I want to show a code pane withOUT opening the VBE window. i.e. I want the code pane displayed in front of the worksheet. This'll show the code pane, but the VBE window's also visible: Any Ideas? :dunno

ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Module1").CodeModule.CodePane.Show

TIA,
John :devil:

Steiner
03-30-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm just curiuos: why do you want to do this?
If it's just for displaying the code you might as well try to copy the code from the real code pane anywhere you like (and maybe even copy it back), but I don't know a way to show just that part of the IDE.

johnske
03-30-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm just curiuos: why do you want to do this?
If it's just for displaying the code you might as well try to copy the code from the real code pane anywhere you like (and maybe even copy it back), but I don't know a way to show just that part of the IDE.

Hi Steiner,

Well I've got this 'code library' in a workbook and I'm just trying to "polish it up". At the moment, if you select a code module from a list to look at, this takes you into the VBE window & you then have to exit. It'd be nice if the code module you wanted to look at was just brought out of the VBE window (so you can use its' own scroll bars to scroll thru it ... or enlarge the code-pane etc.)

Regards,
John