PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Help with Page Numbering

sandam
03-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Hi all.

i am trying to insert page numbers into a template so that the first page is un-numbered but the subsequent pages are numbered in the format "X of Y".

This is my dilemma. Using the HeaderFooter object I can insert page numbers and suppress the first page easily and using AutoText I can insert the numbering and format it how i'd like it to be. I cannot however combine the two and create the numbering system I'd like to use.

Any suggestions to overcome this would be greatly appreciated. Even if it amounts to "Stop trying, you'll just end up bald from pulling your hair out" (I'm going for implants at the end of this project to replace what I've already lost :)).

Thanks in advance
Andrew;?

Killian
03-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi Andrew,
Isn't page numbering best done with fields? as in {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} in the footer.
Or is there a whole header/footer thing I'm too frightened to think about?

sandam
03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
I believe the phrase is "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid". Is has everything to do with the header/footer thing. I have since this post been told that it is no longer neccesary and that this will more than likely end being something to be manually done by the users. ah well. Such is development in small firms.

Thanks
Andrew;?

Killian
03-30-2005, 07:52 AM
I have since this post been told that it is no longer neccesary and that this will more than likely end being something to be manually done by the users. Great! I've always been a "Let them eat cake" kind of developer myself :thumb