PDA

View Full Version : Form with Tabs with table with combobox

mud2
03-14-2009, 09:22 PM
My table "A" can "lookup" values from another table. Both Table A and text boxes in a form connected to table A (through a Wizard) show drop down buttons. Fine.
Now, I want to have some of these text boxes in separate Tabbed(?) fields in the form. All is fine, except that the drop down tabs do not appear in the tabbed fields, and the "Properties" for these boxes do not allow Record sources...(or is it Row Sources?...).
How to get the drop downs displayed and used in the tabbed fields.?

Thanks!

OBP
03-15-2009, 07:22 AM
mud, sorry but I am not sure what you mean by "Tabbed(?) fields in the form.
By the way I do not like Lookup fields in tables, I know they are very easy to produce, but they can cause real problems on queries and forms.

mud2
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
OPB: "Tabbed Fields" = Tabbed Pages.
To get drop down buttons in Tabbed pages, Do NOT use the Wizard when designing the form! Click on Design, then click on the table/query field and chose the table that HAS the drop down butons. An empty form will appear AND someplace on the screen a small(?) form containing the fields in the table will also appear. You can then insert tabbed pages onto the form and DRAG the field (from the form with field names) to wherever you want it on the form...either the base form or to a tabbed page. Now the drop down buttons will appear with the fields.on the base form, or on the tabbed page, wherever you put it!