PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Create button which is always shown in excel

hunsnowboard
03-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi Everyone! I would like to create a button in excel which is alway available in the menu bar. How should I do that?

Not too long ago I have installed an xla which automatically added two buttons to my excel menu bar. The buttons are always displayed, when I open Excel, even if I open a new file. I would like to have two buttons which work the same way! As I am a beginner please explain me detailed how to do that. Thank you very much in advance. (The macros are already created for these two buttons)

mdmackillop
03-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Google search
add buttons excel
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1060039.html

hunsnowboard
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Hello Mdmackillop! Thank you for your help again. The linked article does not mention how to make a macro to be always available? I mean I would like my macro to be available when I open a new file as well. Right now my macro is available only in the file in which I created it (or available only if I open this file). How can I make the macro to be always available?
Thank you!

mdmackillop
03-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Move the macro to your Personal.xls file and attach to it there.

hunsnowboard
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you for your reply. My problem is that this macro will be probably distributed to more computers, and I cannot ask everyone to save a personal.xls file. Is there a solution to save it as an xla and install it that way?

Thank you!

Bob Phillips
03-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Yes, an addin is the way to go.

hunsnowboard
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi! Thank you for the reply! I managed to create the xla! Thank you!