PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Automatically import data from Access DB in Excel

john3j
03-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey guys,

Im trying to eliminate human interaction because we all know people just tend to mess things up. I have an excel sheet that has multiple pages that sorts and then calculates data to create charts. As of now, I am going into my database....microsoft access db...and i am running a macro that pastes the data into a new spreadsheet. From here, I am opening the spreadsheet that was created, selecting rows 2 thru 1000, and then pasting them into row two of my workbook that was created. If there any way to make it so that when I run the macro, it will populate into my workbook, while preserving all of my premade sheets? Let me know! Thanks!

John

Bob Phillips
03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Why not just run a simple Excel query to pull the data from Access?

john3j
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Well, a simple query would be nice...but I dont know how. I went into my workbook and went to Data--> Import External Data -->Import Data and selected my table that i want to import the data from. However when it does it, it only pulls the first row and nothing else happens...and the first row is just the headers. I do know that my database is linked with Sharepoint and it pulls data each time you run a macro. Is there any other way to do it?

Bob Phillips
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I know so little about SharePoint, it isn't even funny.

john3j
03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Well you could help with my other two if you have time!

Bob Phillips
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Which other 2?