PDA

View Full Version : I want to print but its Publishes…

prabhafriend
03-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Hello Friends. I am Prabha Karan, an amateur VBA Developer from Thanjavur (South India). I was creating a small retail management tool for my friend. Luckily, I have done it almost without any flaws but one problem even though it’s not a flaw technically. Okay I created a report to print a bill having its corresponding sales item details in it using a sub-report. For example bill no.1 has 5 items in it to sale though bill no.2 has 100 items in it to sale. As for now I set A4 as the default page for the report named bill. But my friend is only having dot matrix printer. I hope you know that dot matrix printers are not having separate papers instead they have paper rolls in it. I think the main advantage of using a roll than separate papers is to reduce the paper wastage. But the method I am currently using is wasting a lot of paper by fully ejecting the paper up to A4 size even though it prints only a small part vertically. We have to roll-back again the non-printed portion after cutting out the printed portion thus wasting our time effectively. I definitely believe since dot-matrix printers were invented a very long time before, there must be a way to overcome this problem. I am expecting your answers at the earliest. Thank you all.

OBP
03-23-2009, 09:16 AM
It may be possible to do what you want by first calculating how many lines of text you have in total, ( maybe in a query or using VBA) and then use the ScaleMode Properties where you can set the Height & Width propoerties of the Page using the Scaleheight and ScaleWidth Properties.
See the VBA Editor's Help topics on those 3 items.