PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Serial…

prabhafriend
03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello Friends. I am Prabha Karan from Thanjavur (South India). Currently I have to finish the Sales Bill form today. I created a parent form named “Bills” which have primary details of the bill like bill no, customer name, date of the bill etc., I also inserted a child-form named “sales” which have the list of the items sold through that bill and its properties like item name, M.R.P, qty, etc. Everything goes smoothly up to now. But I believe it is better to have a serial for each and every entry in the sales form. In report I used the “Running sum” to achieve this. But I do not know any way to accomplish this in a form. I am expecting your answers. Thank you.

CreganTur
03-23-2009, 08:35 AM
But I believe it is better to have a serial for each and every entry in the sales form. In report I used the “Running sum” to achieve this. But I do not know any way to accomplish this in a form.

I don't understand the word serial in this context. Are you saying that you want a control on your form to show the running total on your Form? If so, then you can create an unbound textbox on your form. Then look at the textbox's properties- click on the build button ( looks like "...") next to Control Source. Then you can build an expression to total the desired field in your table.

HTH:thumb