PDA

View Full Version : Solved: For all of you Code gurus.....

Eric58132
03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Hopefully someone can help me out on this one, or i'm pretty screwed....

I'm creating an input form for an inspection template that is originally filled out in paper format.... long story short, I have far more than 800 controls in my form.

I've found some workarounds to get past this though: while I can't add a new control to my form, I can copy and paste pre-existing controls into the form without a problem.

....until command buttons became involved.

I created a copy of a command button in my form, and wanted to reformat it so that it exits the form. When I view the code for this newly created object, it lies in the "General" code space in VB. Is it possible to create a new "Private Sub CommandXXX_Click()" portion of my VB code from the backend itself, or am I truly forced to create the object in the form front-end first?

Thank you for any input.

Eric58132
03-24-2009, 06:11 AM
I found a simple workaround for the whole problem I was having. I created all of my command buttons first in a new form, and then just moved the remaining objects over. The "cap" on the number of form objects seems to be very artificial. If anyone needs to exceed the max number of objects, just make sure that you create all of your command buttons first, and after that you should be fine

:beerchug:
Cheers,
Eric