PDA

View Full Version : Search form in excel

amit_nalawad
03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi,

I have data sheet called Skill Matrix. In which I have information like names, skill ratings, qualification and experience.

I want a search functionality on other sheet. In which I can search all the names, qualification and experience based on the skill and rating. To do this, my first choice will be using list and formulas. If it is not possible just with formulas, i will go for a VB forms.

I don't know how to start with this. I have an attached file here.

Please guide me or give me a little start with this.

georgiboy
03-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Is this what you are after...

amit_nalawad
03-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Hi,
Thanks for reply.
Can you please send me the vba code for this? bcoz when i downloaded it, does not show the macro.
Please if you could do this for me that will be really helpful.

Thanks Again

slamet Harto
03-31-2009, 04:05 AM
Can you please send me the vba code for this? bcoz when i downloaded it, does not show the macro.

Nope, the vba code are ther.e Just press Alt+F11 to open vbe.

Rgds, Harto

lacviet2005
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Dear all,
Can someone please explain the code below?
I found myself in the same situation as Amit that I need to create a "search" form. I tried to play around with the spreadsheet but I got stuck at the code below.

I would like to move column B (Name) after C (Communication Skills) and delete column A, D to H on the Skill Matrix.

As for me, I'm not good with these VBA codes. Any help from you guys would greatly appreciated.

Destination:=Sheets("Search").Rows(Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1)
Sheets("Search").Range("B" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Cut _
Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
Sheets("Search").Range("F" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row & _
":H" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Delete
Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row & _
":J" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Borders.LineStyle = xlContinuous
With Sheets("Search").Range("A" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row & _
":D" & Sheets("Search").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)

Thank you!

Kind regards,
LV