PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Excel and Bloomberg

philfer
03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Hello,

Im hoping someone out there works in the Banking/Financial Services industry.

I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of ISIN's (indicators for bonds) and I want to use VBA to connect to Bloomberg and populate various fields relating to each ISIN i.e. next accrual date, coupon etc

Does anyone know how to do this? Perhaps its a long shot but you never know!

Thanks
Phil

Anomandaris
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure if VBA can do that, but I know of this program called iMacros (from iOpus website) which should do the trick.

However I'm no vba expert, so it is possible someone here may be able to come up with a code for that.

mdmackillop
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
What is the address of the page with the data?

philfer
03-24-2009, 09:48 AM
The Bloomberg function is "DES" which is what I type in on the terminal after I type in the ISIN. However I want to dot his programmatically, avoiding sendkeys if poss, for many bonds at a time

Thanks
Phil

JrDeveloper
03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Bloomberg provides an add-in for excel that among other things does what you are asking about. With the add-in, you can create formulas that directly pull in the information from the terminal.

cyberjullian
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Phil,

I have access to Bloomberg at work. In the past I have made similar queries in Excel to retrieve data from the terminal. Even though you can retrieve anything you want from a company ticker, I don't think it works both ways... I mean getting something out of ISIN codes.

I'll need to check that tomorrow to be sure. I'll get back to you.

Julien

cyberjullian
03-31-2009, 07:24 AM
It is possible actually, my bad. Let's take the case of Citigroup:

In Cell A1 you need to have the ISIN in that form : US1729671016 Equity
In Cell A2 type the formula : =BDP($A2;"NAME")

Now all you have to do is change "NAME" by the field you want.

Cheers.
Julien