PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Word userform transfer textfield transfer to word AND excel

hunsnowboard
03-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi Everyone! Please try to help me if you can! Thanks to this forum I was able to create a userform with bookmarks which makes the data entry very fast in word. By the way thank you again for the help. As I said this form works perfectly with word. Now my problem is the following:
In the userform there are some text fields which contain codenumbers and names. I would like these codes and names to be entered not only in the word document but in an excel file as well under each other. This would be a kind of excel log file. Each time the userform is filled with data in the txt_codenumber and txt_name should be transferred in an excel file (the excel file name is: logfile.xls and it is in the same directory). The txt_number should be in column "A", txt_name should be in column "B".

How can I do that? The userform in word works great...but I really do not have a clue how to transport the text field entriers into the excel as well, once the OK button is pressed in the form.
Thank you in advance for your help!

fumei
03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Please do a search. This is a very common thing to want to do.

hunsnowboard
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Fumei! I tried to search google and this forum, but could not find anything. Perhaps you can give me a hint...
Thank you in advance!

hunsnowboard
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi! With a little help I was able to do it by myself! Thank you!

fumei
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Good for you. As you have marked it as solved, it would also be nice if you posted what code you actually came up with that workwed for you.

Why?

Because of your title, and that it is marked Solved. In other words, if you post your code that worked, someone else could possibly be helped when THEY search for the same thing. It brings you into the community of those that contribute.