PDA

View Full Version : vlookup / match / concatenate??

philh06
03-26-2009, 07:57 AM
hi, first post so hope you can help.

I have attached the example.xls workbook, this is what I am hoping to achieve

I would like to match the value in sheet 2 Col F with sheet 1 Col A

BUT

it is acutally the unmatched items I am interested in.

I can either
A) delete the whole row of matched data in sheet 2 - this will leave me with the unmatched data OR
B) Put the unmatched data items into a new sheet

Hope this makes sense.

Phil

chungtinhlak
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
this is an easy vlookup right. see attached, I moved column F over the column A, anything that is blank is unmatch. hope this helps

philh06
03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
thanks for your speedy reply and solution. It workd fine i.e. matches and returns matched values and the rest of the matched row data

BUT - I need to report on the UNMATCHED stuff - so I need to seperate the matched from the unmatched data.

I also need to put results into new sheets as sheet 1 and 2 in the example need to remain unchanged

Thanks

chungtinhlak
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM
All the blanks are unmatched... use auto filter and filter it to blanks and move it to a new sheet. I'm not sure what you mean... you want his automated vba????

philh06
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
sorry - I want the umatched data from sheet 2 not sheet 1

this is the scenario -

I run a report in another package and download it to excel (sheet 2 in the example.xls)

I want excel to, in effect, seperate my downloaded data according to the list in sheet 1. Anything that matches the data put in sheet 3 and anything that doesnt match the data put in sheet 4

Hope this makes more sense, but thanks again for your help

Pihiol