PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Print multiple sheets to virtual printer as one print job

Student7
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Multiple sheets in a workbook need to be converted to single .tif file using virtual printer "Universal Document Converter".

Problem is that when using the .printout function, multiple print jobs are sent, creating a seperate .tif files for each job.

I've seen example code to do exactly what I want, but the conversion is to a .pdf, and all these solutions rely PDFCreator or Distiller objects that of course are not available on the Universal Document Converter.

My best idea on this is to copy the ranges I want to print to a single temporary sheet, set page breaks, print the single sheet, then delete it. I want to avoid this if possible, as the end result will look bad due to the sheet layout

Any suggestions?

mdmackillop
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
If you copy and paste as Picture, you could arrange them on one sheet, then print that sheet.

Student7
03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the response. I don't know how to copy/paste a sheet as a picture. I know when I copy a chart, I get the option to paste as a picture, but when I copy a worksheet range and paste special, there is no option to copy as a picture.

I understand how I could do this with screenshots, but I don't think that's what you're suggesting, and that wouldn't work as I need to be able to automate this with macros

mdmackillop
03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Hold down Shift when you press the Edit button, and you get the Paste as Picture option; this could be automated.