PDA

View Full Version : Enter, Tab and Up/Down Arrows Stop Working

kiyiya
04-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Does anyone have any idea why the tab, enter and up/down arrow keys would stop working on a userform?

Normal navigation between textboxes using tab and enter "sometimes" stop working and the tab key only tabs within the text box while enter key does nothing. In a combobox the up/down arrorw keys stop working. All of these occur at the same time "when" they occur.

It is very sporadic and I can not pinpoint what is causing it. Has anyone else experienced this odd behavior?

joms
04-04-2009, 06:42 AM
have you double check your code...?? maybe you can try to post your code so guys around here can analyze it... :)

ukdane
05-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm ving a similar problem with a combobox (from the control toolbox) which I have placed on a worksheet.
It works fine, except that the user can not tab out of the combobox, and into the next field.

For example, if they are searching for the word TREE, and type TRE, the combobox correctly shows TREE, with the last E being higlighted. At this point I want the user to be able (should they choose) to press the Tab key to select the TREE option, and move to the next field.

kiyiya
05-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Hello Ukdane, if you put the controls on a worksheet then that would be normal; it would not tab from one control to another. You would need to add VBA code to the event of the control to get it to work (if it is an active X control) or create/record a macro if it not an active X control.

If you put the controls onto a userform then the normal behavior would be to tab from one control to the next based the tab index value.

My problem is an intermittent one where the tab, enter and up/down keys stop working in the capacity of moving between the controls on the userform.

Anyone think of what would cause this? I have told it is a "Windows" issue.

lucas
05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Each control has properties, the userform has properties, code effects such things, etc. Without an example we are just as blind as any of the 3 blind mice.

If you want help you should show the members here what the problem is so they can see if they can spot a specific problem.

post an example...

kiyiya
05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Lucas,

I have tried creating an "example" file but, like I said, it is an intermittent problem that shows up rarely. The"sample" files I have created do not display this behavior and I am unwilling to post the actual file due to privacy concerns.

I was simply asking if anyone has experienced this type of problem or have heard about it and what they may have done to remedy it.

I do not think it is a code issue because I do not explicitly call any keys. I could be wrong, however. It is strange that no one else has seen or experienced this though.