PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Stumped - formulas required

toptrix
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I have stumbled accross this forum & wish I had found it alot sooner - the feedback for others is fantastic!
anyway, I need help too if possible,
I have attached a basic copy of the spreadsheet which i need help with;(this spreadsheet normally contains a macro, but no change is required to this as the information will transfer as I require - i use the macro in another document for similar requirements- i have removed the macro for my example)

e.g. I require cell G23 to return "yes" if B23 = "CORE", (this basic formula is entered,& conditional formatting set) BUT, . . .
theres more;
within the same formula I also require G23 to return "NO" if B23 = "LEFT", then I need G23 to return "yes" if B23 = TEMP AND F23 is greater than> 20. (this is found from other sums i have inserted)

then . .
please advise why I cannot SUM "1"s within "A" Columns? this contains, =IF(G23="YES", "1", "N") - this does return "1" or "N" but E210 does not total this? (other cells then copy this info but now not returning anything as this is reference)

so, im loving you loads if you have helped with this, but if you can advise with more il love you more, is it possible to only total days within the dates specified on the spreadsheet? - no problem if you cant, this is a nicety.

I am really looking forward to anyones help & im sure i will be speakin with you again!

Thanx in advance

Toptrix

lenze
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi and welcome!!
Instead of
=IF(G23="YES", "1", "N")
use
=IF(G23="YES", 1, "N")
Your formula returns "1" as Text
lenze

mdmackillop
04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
=IF(B23="CORE","YES",IF(B23="LEFT","NO",IF(AND(B23="TEMP",F23>20),"YES","NO")))

You are entering 1 as text, try =IF(G23="YES", 1, "N")

If Col A = 1 and Col I > 0 (ie has a date), if I understand you correctly.
=SUMPRODUCT(A13:A207,--(I13:I207>0))

toptrix
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I cant thank you enough!
I am still learning excel & im luving it, I just couldnt understand why the formulas i enter wouldnt work & it was such an easy fix,
thank you for taking the time to assist a little learner like me!
i will be back to ask more, your genious knowledge inspires!