PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Strange Excel Error

tkaplan
04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I created this workbook in excel and its doing everything I wanted it to do. strange thing is happening though - the first time I save this onto a harddrive, when i exit the first time before I save, and it asks me if i want to save and I click yes, it says excel had an error adn needs to close. excel restarts adn the changes were saved. this only happens the first time that i save it. if i keep playing around with it after that I have no problem. but it happens every time i delete the old file and replace with a new copy. I tried this on a few different computers - all using excel 2003. I am attaching the file. any help would be greatly appreciated....i'm at a complete loss.....

lucas
04-18-2009, 06:53 AM
I don't see anything that might be causing your problem. I did notice that you call CopyNewMember sub from your userform button. Why not put that code in the module for the button instead of having it in a standard module and calling it from the button? Not sure if that is the problem though.

You should try to avoid selection when moving data from one sheet to another....still, that doesn't seem to be the problem...

Charlize
04-20-2009, 03:29 AM
It's something with your form. You are ending it with .Hide . You better use Unload Me to remove it from memory. When using the red cross several times I could reproduce the fault. After changing it to Unload Me this problem seems to be solved.

Charlize

tkaplan
04-20-2009, 07:12 AM
yay! u guys are awome. thank you so much! Charlize, that fixed it :)