PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contact (view) Form Question

MWE
04-19-2009, 09:10 AM
this is not really a VBA question, but it may lead to a VBA solution.

I am running ol2003 and WinXP.

I wish to modify the standard form used to display individual contact information. I thought this would be easy:
I displayed the form for a particular contact -- "A", modified and saved the form, exited contacts, reentered contacts, called up contact A and the form was what I wanted. Seems OK. Then I called up contact "B" and the original, unmodified form was used. Appears that I have modified the form and saved it only for "A". So how do I either tell ol to use the modified form for all contacts or (starting again) how do I modify the form that will be used for all contact?

Thanks

Charlize
04-20-2009, 03:09 AM
You can alter the default form that needs to be used when you create new items. I know there are some problems, inconvenients with items that used another form when they were posted. Have to look it up to give a more detailed explanation.

Charlize

MWE
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have sorted most of it out:

1) I created a new form (named ABC) based on the default Contacts form (Tools | Forms | Design A Form | ...)
2) I told Outlook to use ABC for all new entries (Properties window)
3) I wrote a macro to change the MessageClass for each item in the current folder from IPM.Contact to IPM.Contact.ABC

Works quite well

Thanks again.