PDA

View Full Version : trailing zeroes

canada_user
04-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I have a sheet that gets loaded into SAP through the GLSU add-on and the numbers must be 2-decimal places and must be numbers but for example, Excel takes 168.90 and cuts off the zero to 168.9. Changing the number format just changes the display, not the actual number. I've searched for a solution and the common one is =TEXT(A2,"0.00") but this doesn't work as it needs to be loaded into SAP as a number not text (the GLSU add-on also does a calculation that makes sure the numbers balance to zero so the values need to be numbers and not text).

I have looked at pages and pages of possible solutions but no luck. Anyone out there have a solution?

Thank you!

Bob Phillips
04-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Not being a SAP user I cannot be sure, but why doesn't SAP see as a number. It is tetx, but a text number, by the time it is uploaded the import processor would treat it as a nuber would it not?

Bob Phillips
04-20-2009, 09:18 AM
The other thought is why does SAP/GLSU demand two digits? The underlying database should be storing it as a double, and SHOWING it within its own views to 2 dec places, but you shouldn't have to supply 2 dec places.

Kenneth Hobs
04-20-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't know what GLSU add-on is. Is it for Excel or SAP or? Maybe it is the culprit? Sounds like a bad deal.

In any case, I guess you can fool it if you send it a csv file marked as it wants. You will need a macro to create the file for it. Post an example csv and xls file if you want to pursue a macro solution.

canada_user
04-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Kenneth. It's not SAP so much as this GLSU add-on. It takes the values in the column and does a 'balance' calculation before it loads into SAP and will not load unless it balances and in order to balance, it needs to sum everything up (ie values have to be numbers).

canada_user
04-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Oops. GLSU is an add-on that basically eliminates manual entries in SAP. It only works for .xls, not .txt or .csv

Kenneth Hobs
04-20-2009, 09:23 AM
You need to contact the vendor then if it works with xls but not properly.

Have you tried the =Round functions? Use numeric formats to see the trailing zeros. However, as xld said, your add-on should handle doubles. Keep in mind that numbers shown may be rounded anyway due to floating point issues.