PDA

View Full Version : Solved: NO SOLUTION: OLE Server Error - Pivot Table

hunsnowboard
04-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi Everyone! This is soooo frustrating I go crazy! :motz2:

I have a very simple/basic mdb file. No OLE objects, no forms, no queries. Whenever I want to open a pivot table I get the following error: "The connection with OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try again"

On another machine I do not get this error, only on my machine! I have OLE automation included in the VB editor Tools/References. I checked also the file to be checked on "no lock" and "shared".

Till now allways worked, now suddenly it does cannot open the pivot view. Please, please help me! Thank you in advance!

CreganTur
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Hmmm...:think:

First I would suggest creating a new blank database and importing everything from your old database into it. I suggest this because there could be some database corruption that's causing the problem.

Let us know if that doesn't solve the issue.

hunsnowboard
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi CreganTur! Thank you for your reply. I tried your advice but I get the same error. Actually I tried the pivot view on ALL of my access files on the computer and I get the same error message for all! It is soooo frustrating! What could/should I do?

CreganTur
04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you have OLE fields in the table(s) you're trying to pivot on?

hunsnowboard
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi CreganTur! No OLE objects, no forms, no queries... :(

hunsnowboard
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone? Any help?