PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Create drop down menu in toolbar

ilyaskazi
04-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I hv made several macros for which can be accessed through custom made toolbar icon.

I need to make group this macros by making drop-down menu (similar to the Paste menu in toolbar)..

I hv tried adding paste button in my toolbar and replaced with my macro, but it replaces the original in standard format toolbar.

Steiner
04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Have you tried the following:
1. right-click on a toolbar and select Customize from the dropdown
2. on the 2nd tab you should see a list of command-groups at the left side, scroll way down to the bottom, there should be an entry "New Menu", select it
3. on the right side, you should see the item "New Menu", just drag & drop it onto your toolbar
4. now you just need to drag & drop your icons onto that new one, it should open the list and let you insert your icon

These steps were taken with Excel97 in German, so pick the commands that come closest to what I wrote;)

Daniel

ilyaskazi
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Thank u daniel,

but, i want drop-down menu similar to look like Paste-menu. Means, i want img instead of name for my new-drop down menu.

Zack Barresse
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi,

You may want to take a look at what Colo has to offer at his site. It's almost a perfect example for what you're asking for: http://puremis.net/excel/code/064.shtml

Igwok
04-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Am I riight in thinking that you want an icon as opposed to a text description of your toolbar item. If so, whilst in customise mode right-click the menu item in question. You should then be able to set whether you want an icon, text or both. The icon can also be selected from an internal list or redesigned to your own taste usinf the various button image options.

Zack Barresse
04-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Good point Igwok. :yes When trying to alter this with VBA code, it is handled with the CommandBars Style property.

Steiner
04-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Igwok, I'm not the asker of this Q but this one interests me.
With Office97 the options to show a picture on the custom dropdown are grayed out. Do you know if that might be version specific?