PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Prevent the user from seing some worksheets

Dabo
05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello all,

I am currently trying to prevent the user from seing some "ugly" worksheets.
I have hidden the tabs and menus but the user can still go to these sheets by pressing Alt+TAB.

I have also tried to completely hide the worksheets but it entails bugs in the macros using these worksheets. One heavy solution to that would be a macro to hide and dehide the worksheets during the calculation but it is not as clean as I'd like.

I guess that the simpler solution would be to prevent the user to use Alt+Tab,

Is it sufficient to prevent him from seing the forbidden worksheets ?
How should I do it ?
Thanks !

Bob Phillips
05-14-2009, 08:37 AM
ALt-Tab cycles through workbooks, hidden sheets don't get accessed this way.

Simon Lloyd
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Hello all,

I am currently trying to prevent the user from seing some "ugly" worksheets.
I have hidden the tabs and menus but the user can still go to these sheets by pressing Alt+TAB.

I have also tried to completely hide the worksheets but it entails bugs in the macros using these worksheets. One heavy solution to that would be a macro to hide and dehide the worksheets during the calculation but it is not as clean as I'd like.

I guess that the simpler solution would be to prevent the user to use Alt+Tab,

Is it sufficient to prevent him from seing the forbidden worksheets ?
How should I do it ?Thanks !You don't need to unhide a worksheet to cause it to calculate nor to use the values for calculation, using Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden will prevent the user from using the menubar>format>sheets>unhide as any sheet that is very hidden can only be made visible via code!

Dabo
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks again,

that is solved

Simon Lloyd
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
If this is solved then you can mark the thread solved by going to Thread tools>Mark thread solved then click perform action.