PDA

View Full Version : Print Multiple Files to Single TIF/PDF

Yisman
05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Everyone.
I have a list of filepaths in a db, and i need to print all these files into one single pdf or tif. preferably have them numbered as well, but thats secondly.
these files can be png,pdf,doc, xls etc.
now if i can somehow print them all, even seperately to tif files, i would be able to use modi afterwards, to join them, i believe.
so the main problem is iterating thru filenames and printing each one to a file. InvokeVerbEx ("Print") does not seem to have an option for a destination filename, or even choosing the printer. same goes for ShellExecute.
So what can i do?
i'd really appreciate ideas.

stanl
05-19-2009, 03:02 AM
I you have full-blown Acrobat you would have a PDF printer installed. You could then send all documents to the PDF printer, them combine the individual files to a single PDF, this omitting TIFF altogether. .02 Stan

Yisman
05-19-2009, 03:08 AM
hi stanl,
unfortunately, i dont have the full acrobat version installed, neither does my client.
any other ideas?
are there 3rd party pdf writers that can do this (though id rather do it without my clients having to install anything)
thank you all very much

stanl
05-19-2009, 04:10 AM
are there 3rd party pdf writers that can do this (though id rather do it without my clients having to install anything)
thank you all very much

yes, there are several freeware pdf drivers available for download, but they would require a separate install, and you would want to select one that could be manipulated with VBA.

Yisman
05-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi stanl,
sorry for not responding earlier, i was not notified of your post..
Ok. do you know of any api-enabled free pdf writer?
thanks