PDA

View Full Version : Data And control operations from a closed workbooks being applied on report

ravinder_tig
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Guys

I'm Working on a project for which i doneed your hlp as this aspect of excel is completly new for me

I do hav multiple Workbooks

In which one is report and

other's are Process 1
Process 2
Process 3
Process 4

these process file do contains different worktypes such as A B C(in different sheet)and related metrics eg Productivity, critical error, non etc

in each process file there's a master sheet which do contains data and revolves around month i had created a macrofor this and that'sworkin fine n doing the job

Now the problem is i had to create this report file which do contains sheet names of its child which are
Process 1
Process 2
Process 3 and so on
each sheet contains the master sheet of respective process workbooks
i'm working on a macro which runs on this report workbook and make each sheet work as they r working with their respective process workboooks

I do need a macro which could help me with getting all the controls working linked to process files (master sheet) and show the changes

but as per requirement i had to do all this without opening the process file

so this report file is kind of a summary workbook which contain all the processs workin info

data should be operated by combobox but without opening the process workbooks that means i had to link these sheet with respective files(master sheet ) without opening process sheets

i'm attaching the 2 summy files which could give u the idea what point i'm trying to make

sorry for my langauge as i'm new to tech language

hope i mad my problem clear

If u cud help me with a macro which make report workbooks sheet working

your help would be gr8ly appriciated