PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Default Colours - Access '97

phendrena
06-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi,

One of my personal major gripes is that Access doesn't want to remember what colours i've setup and I need to define them each time I open Access.

Is there anyway that I can get Access to remember my colour choices or can i setup a VBA macro to set them (as in excel)?

Thanks,

OBP
06-02-2009, 02:52 AM
phendrena, which colour choices?
Do you mean on Forms?
If so see this article.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051873431033.aspx

Instead of using that I use 2 Blank Forms, one set up in Single forms mode and one set up in Continuous Forms Mode.
I set up a close button, Design View only for properties etc and then use those forms as the basis for creating my other forms.

phendrena
06-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi OBP,

Thanks for the sugestions.

I never even considered using a template or a set of Standard blank forms. It's a shame though that the colours can't be set progmatically through VBA.

OBP
06-04-2009, 04:08 AM
phendrena, you can use VBA to format the form, but it what point would you run it?
If you want the Fields to be certain size and coloured font each time you add a field you would have to run your code. Or add all of the fields and then run the code for all of them.
That is what the .normal template form in the MS article is supposed to do for you.

phendrena
06-04-2009, 04:12 AM
phendrena, you can use VBA to format the form, but it what point would you run it?
If you want the Fields to be certain size and coloured font each time you add a field you would have to run your code. Or add all of the fields and then run the code for all of them.
That is what the .normal template form in the MS article is supposed to do for you.It's only the colours i'm interested in as i'm using a set of company defined colours. So I need to keep my stuff inline. It's not a big issue, but would be nice to have the palette set as I want it.