PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Split Control

JKwan
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I was wondering does Excel have this control, like in VB 6? If yes, what DLL / component do I need to reference to get this control.

Bob Phillips
06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
What Split control are you referring to?

JKwan
06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Actually, I made a bad reference... I was mixing up with dot net. VB 6 does not have the split control, VS Studio dot net has it. This control allows you to dynamically change the controls sizes on the fly. For example, if you have two grid controls side by side, you can add this control to your form and you can change the width of your grid (or whatever control) by draggin the "handle".
I found an ActiveX control for VB 6 (very simple - it does what I need, when I run it under VB 6), I compiled it and then I added to Excel. However, it does not run.....

I've attached the Split Control for VB6, I hope someone can make it work.
The attached control works in VB6, just not in Excel.

Kenneth Hobs
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Try Andy Pope's class or just use .Net rather than VBA or a combo of the two. http://www.andypope.info/vba/Splitter.htm

JKwan
06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Kenneth:
Thanks, just looking at the picture, I think this is what I need!

Bob Phillips
06-05-2009, 07:35 AM
I always do my resizing manually, it is very simple code to invoke reszing a form then you just need to move the controls accordingly. I know Andy has another class that handels resizes, but whilst it is very good and very easy to use, it is not flexible enough for my needs. If you want to see the code, I can post it.

JKwan
06-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Please do, if you can post it and thank you.