PDA

View Full Version : Convert Multiuple InfoPath Forms to Excel

rconverse
06-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Hello,

I receive several forms in a document library in SharePoint everyday. I'd like to be able to export the contents of the forms into Excel all at once. Currently, I have to go and select each one to export. There's no way to grab them all and export.

I have a macro in Excel that goes through a folder, copies data from each workbook and pastes it onto one spreadsheet. I would create something like that myself, but have no idea the syntax would be. I searched online and found a couple of posts with similar issues, but didn't find anything along the lines of a reply. :mkay

Thanks,
Roger

rconverse
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Hmm. I'm not giving up just yet. Maybe I wasn't clear with my initial post. InfoPath is an application that I've stumbled onto. Using its capabilities with SharePoint is a very attractive opportunity right now. In order for this revised process to work as well as possible, it would be really great to be able to automate the conversion of the InfoPath files to Excel worksheets.

When you open an InfoPath form, under the file menu one of the selections is export to Excel. As I stated in my initial post, Excel holds references from InfoPath. Using VBA, I can't figure out how to:

1.) Open the InfoPath file
2.) Export to Excel

I'm pretty sure I can handle the rest. Anyone at all able to help me?

Thanks,
Roger