PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Deadlines with Excel and Groupwise

david6808
06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Hello,

I'm searching for ways to keep track of projects....specifically getting notices at certain time intervals before a project end date is reached (i.e. 6 months before, 3 months before, 1 week before, etc).

I found the code from this site that sends an email from excel through Groupwise. "Send email using Novell's Groupwise 5.5 (or above)"
I am using Groupwise 7.0.1 and Excel 2007.

I was able to get the code to work. I was wondering if there was a way to make it even MORE automated, so that I don't have to click "run." I would like to have a column that has project end dates (i.e. June 1, 2010) and have several codes written to send an email to various users at the time intervals explained above. Is this possible? Is it possible to use some IF formula so that when the date (6 months before end date for example) is reached, the email addresses will be put into the cells referenced by the code and are sent an email?

Thanks!
Dave

mdmackillop
06-04-2009, 05:41 AM
You could use Application.Ontime to run a macro. Probably put this in ThisWorkbook of your Personal.xls.
or,
Create a Scheduled task to open your Excel file which contains on Open Event macro to check the data and send your emails.