PDA

View Full Version : Solved: clicking on option button

Anomandaris
06-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Ok this is going to sound silly, I 've done it correctly before, but not sure why its not working now, I must have forgot something.

I cant click on option buttons. I created 3 option buttons. I changed their caption name(from properties window), I entered the code in VBA window....but I cannot click on the button (the little circle). The cursor has this four-point cross and it doesnt let me click. what do i do?

thanks

Kenneth Hobs
06-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I am guessing that you mean optionbutton control from the Control Toolbox toolbar? If so, you are in design mode. Click the first icon to toggle design mode to production mode.

Anomandaris
06-04-2009, 08:01 AM
yes kenneth, i did get it from the toolbox, but what icon are you referring to? Do i right click on the option button? Something to do with properties?

Kenneth Hobs
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
IT is a toggle button so left click it. It is the first icon on that toolbar. It looks like a triangle with a pencil. Hover the mouse over it and it will say "Exit Design Mode" if it is in design mode.

Anomandaris
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I guess im not in design mode then as i dont see any toggle button, and nothing that resembles a triangle with pencil.....man I feel stupid, ive done option buttons and command buttons before and now I cant do either.
I cant even attach a macro to a command button!
So i do with with other silly objects.
I'll post an empty file with option buttons, so you can see the problem

thanks for advising me on this

Anomandaris
06-04-2009, 08:55 AM
the file

Anomandaris
06-04-2009, 10:00 AM
hey Kenneth thanks for your help,
It started working, I put one of those group box frames around it, and was clicking about, no idea why it started working but i'm not complaining