PDA

View Full Version : Paste Combo Boxes so Cell Link is always in same row

sombrenote
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I have columns of combo boxes. About a 12 high set, placed in each box from E3:E15. If I copy and paste those boxes, into another spread it works great, except the Cell Link does not follow.

Therefor the Combo Box in E3 will have the same Cell Link of the first box that the spread is pasted into.

I want to know how to get the Cell link to move with the copy pasted box just like it might for any formula.

I want the cell link to always be to the right of the combo box when copied and pasted.

I can not find ANY macro code which ever bring in data about WHERE the combo box is located on the spread sheet, just where you want the cell link to go.

Can anyone help?

lucas
06-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I can't imagine why you might want to do this but you don't tell us what kind of combobox to begin with. From the forms toolbar or the visual basic toolbar?

What about copying the sheet?

sombrenote
06-07-2009, 12:32 AM
O, I had made a picture and uploaded it all ready to go, but when I tried to linked it it stopped me because I have not posted enough.

I wanted to use the non-visual basic box. And it is the box where you hit the button and it drops the list down, where you can select and option.

The reason I want to be able to do this, is because I am making a chart of information (lists of skills for a game) and to add units of data I have made it so one can copy and paste the information area necessary. Funny enough combo boxes will cut and paste with the spreadsheet underneath it, but the cell link will not go with it.

mdmackillop
06-07-2009, 12:46 AM
You can post a workbook using Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced reply section.