PDA

View Full Version : Command Bar not visible addin Word VBA

abiram01
06-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi All,

I am facing a paculiar issue in WORD Addin. I have Addin that creates a Command Bar. I had copied the Addin in Startup folder so that the Addin is included when the Word is opened.

the issue is when the word is opened the command bar is not visible to the user. the user has to right click on check the command bar name. This needs to be done each time the user logoffs and login. Please let me know what needs to be done so that the command bar will be visible each time he logins and Word is opened.

Regards,
Abhi

lucas
06-10-2009, 08:10 AM
You don't say what version but I'm assuming it is pre-2007

Alternative: http://slucas.virtualave.net/Wink/CustomMenuItem.htm

fumei
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
What does login and logoff have to do with anything? That is a system function, not a Word function.

"I had copied the Addin in Startup folder so that the Addin is included when the Word is opened. "

Can you absolutely confirm that? Have you actually checked to make sure the add-in (and I assume you mean a .dot file) is both available and loaded. There is a difference.

abiram01
06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I mean system Logoff and login. Yes the addin is available in the Starup folder and it is loaded.

fumei
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
So under Tools > Templates and add-ins it shows as checked? Not just there, but checked.

If it is, then I don't know what to say. It should be visible.