PDA

View Full Version : Generate Word file from Excel

andi pinhole
06-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to generate a word doc from an excel file. However, it comes up with an error message of "Run-time error '5852' . I tried to do some modifications to the VB codes like re-routing the files to my local drive but another error message comes up with an error message of "Run-time error '438'

Please help this newbie!!!!!!:banghead:

macropod
06-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi Andi,

It would help if you posted at least the lines of code highlighted by the vba debugger when these errors occur. Even better if you posted the whole of the offending sub (perhaps as an attachment if it's long).

FWIW, the error messages and the highlighted lines should give you a clue:
Run-time error '5852': Requested object is not available
Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method

lucas
06-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Urgent Help is not an appropriate title for a thread. If everyone who came here used that then that would be the title of most of the threads here.

Try to use a descriptive name for your threads so that when people are searching or browsing they can determine whether they can help you or not or maybe it will help them solve thier own problem.

Thread title changed.

As macropod has requested, please post the code you are using that is causing the problem. When posting please select your code and hit the vba button so it will be formatted for the forum.

Please read our FAQ