PDA

View Full Version : Bullet points - Access 2007

NoTimeToCode
06-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I understand that Access 2007 allows a field to be formatted as Rich Text. If a form control (text box) is set-up for rich text, the user can choose, from the tool bar to enter data as bulleted. The user would have to choose bulleted for each new record.

Is there any way I can set the field so that it defaults to bullet point?

:help

PS - This is my first post on this forum. I would put my vb skills between beginner and intermediate.

OBP
06-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the Forum, I don't have Access 2007 but as far as I know the Field has to be a Memo type and it has advanced formatting techniques.
There is this MS Article on it here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100140971033.aspx

NoTimeToCode
06-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I understand how to set up the field as Rich Text so the user can choose to enter information as bullet point (or bold, italics, etc.) but I would like to set up the control so that it will default to bullet point.

For example, my control name is DC1AP. The code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
DC1AP.FontBold = True
DC1AP.FontItalic = True
End Sub

will default that control to bold and italics. Is there a similar way to set the control to bulleted?

Movian
06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
do you want a bullet for each line ? or 1 bullet for the field ?

I personally use chr(149) and do checks if that is the first character and if it is not i insert that as the first character.

NoTimeToCode
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM
do you want a bullet for each line ? or 1 bullet for the field ?
I want a bullet for each line.

When I was using Access 2003 I did some code similar to what you are describing which put a bullet on each line. I was hoping that since Access 2007 allows Rich text and the option for the user to select bullet point, that I could just set the text box to default to bullet point.