PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Moving data from columns to rows

mirko
06-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I need some help moving data from columns to rows. Right now I have my data generated in 6 different columns (A:F). After the data is generated, I want this data to be copied into a new worksheet and be consolidated into the first column (column A). The amount of data on each column is different each time, i.e sometimes column A might have 4 entries sometimes it might have 44 entries. The same with the other columns.

I appreciate your help.

Bob Phillips
06-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Post an example workbook for us to work with.

mirko
06-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Here you go. I would like the data on "CurrentSheet" to consolidate on the first column of "NewSheet". Entries for each column on "CurrentSheet" might vary each time.
Thank you

GTO
06-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Greetings Mirko,

XLD may well be onto what your goal is, but for us who a wee bit weaker in the noggin, are we looking to:

Place the values that are underneath Agios Dometios Municipality underneath the values that are currently under Lefkosia Municipality (and so on, appending the column)?

Or:

Are we looking to transpose the columns to rows, where the headers would be in column A, and for A1 we would have Lefkosia Municipality,
B1 would have Lefkosia Παστέρ Paster 16-Γ1, C1 would be Lefkosia Κυθήρων Kythiron -3-Β4 and so on?

Mark

rbrhodes
06-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Hi mirko,

If you don't want the headers to be copied change r = 1 to r = 2 in the start of the code.

Bob Phillips
06-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Here you go. I would like the data on "CurrentSheet" to consolidate on the first column of "NewSheet". Entries for each column on "CurrentSheet" might vary each time.
Thank you

Hey, I will be in Cyprus tomorrow. Coming to Nicosia for a week.

mirko
06-22-2009, 05:15 AM
rbrhodes: Thank you so much!

GTO: The first one was the one I wanted

xld: Make sure you drink a lot of water and bring minimal clothing. The heat is almost unbearable