PDA

View Full Version : tough charting code

rusty
06-23-2009, 11:02 PM
G'day,

I want to take a data download of 150 sheets and do a few calculations on each page to create the data series for 3 charts per sheet.

I then want the 3 charts to be exported in a particular format to a new excel file. I then want this process repeated for each sheet in the workbook. That is, 150 new excel files will be created, each with 3 charts per file.

I have taken courses, searched forums and even tried to call Bill Gates for help. Alas.

Please point me in the right direction!!!

Regards from Australia
Rusty

anandbohra
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Dear rusty

welcome to VBAEXPRESS

no matter if u have 150 sheets data or 1000 sheets data,
the main point is to show the data & chart for only 1 sheet then automate the same for remaining.

so pl provide only 1-3 sheet data along with the chart (3 as u said per sheet)
so that we can have a look of your input & then accordingly process the same.

better upload the excel file along with the necessary output in your mind

Oorang
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Rusty,
What do you need help with specifically?

mdmackillop
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
A small sample workbook with desired output would help.

anandbohra
06-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Pl stop following cross posting practise
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27344

mdmackillop
06-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Threads merged

rusty
06-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Attached is a sample of what I am trying to do. Ideally I would have been permitted to upload 2 excel files but since i could not i have merged them.

The tabs titled data1, data2 and data3 are examples of the data that i get from the data source. they come packaged as one excel files. for N stores there would be N tabs.

i want the code to take the first tab and massage the data into what i labeled data_massage_eg and dump it in a brand new excel file. there are a few calculation tables that just do some summations and percentages. there are also a few columns that do some calculations. the code will then produce a new new tab in this new excel file where the charts are plotted and the summary data is pulled for easy viewing. this tab is called chart_output1.

the code will then look to the next sheet of the original data dump and repeat the process. create 2 new tabs in a new excel file with massaged data and the charts.

should be able to repeat this for N stores.

i hope my explanation and attached spreadsheet is clear and that someone out there knows how to go about solving this problem...

thank you so much for you time and assistance
regards
rusty