PDA

View Full Version : *** Compare range heading and then values in the columns

kru
06-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi

Though I have been excel for a quiet a while I have not yet explored the possibility of excel.
Now I am in a project that requires me to write functions. I am currently finding very tough to solve the following problem.
I would really appreciate if you can give me a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Problem :

Master

Name
Country
A
Aa
W
B
Bb
X
C
Cc
Y
D
Dd
Z

Module

Country
Name
W
A
Aa
X
C
Bb

D
Cc

Dd

Master : it is quiet clear that it contains all the data that is required
This can be regarded as a source to compare the workbook2
Module : This may have columns that is not in the order of master and may not contain all the data from the workbook1

ISSUE : I have to show whether the data is present or not by comparing the columns. (columns positions changes)

I have to create a report(I was thinking another row(first row) in the module worksheet) to show whether the data present in the module is present or not.
So if it is zero then it does not match.

Country
Name
W
A
Aa
X
C
Bb

D
Cc

Dd

Please let me know what can be done.

kru
06-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi

Though I have been excel for a quiet a while I have not yet explored the possibility of excel.
Now I am in a project that requires me to write functions. I am currently finding very tough to solve the following problem.
I would really appreciate if you can give me a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Problem :

Master

Name Age City Country
A 10 Aa W
B 11 Bb X
C 12 Cc Y

Module

Country Name Age City
W A 10 Aa
X C 11 Bb

Master : it is quiet clear that it contains all the data that is required
This can be regarded as a source to compare the workbook2
Module : This may have columns that is not in the order of master and may not contain all the data from the workbook1

ISSUE : I have to show whether the data is present or not by comparing the columns. (columns positions changes)

I have to create a report(I was thinking another row(first row) in the module worksheet) to show whether the data present in the module is present or not.
So if it is zero then it does not match.

Country Name Age City
1 1 0 1
W A 10 Aa
X C 11 Bb
D 15 Cc

Please let me know what can be done.