PDA

View Full Version : Flip watermark every other page?

nat1
06-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I have been given a document and asked if is possible to programatically flip a watermark 180 degrees every other page. The watermark has 6 columns, 5 on the left margin and the sixth frames the text.

On the second page everything would be reversed. So the text would be on the left, with the other 5 columns on the right.

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well, I don't know the word object model very well (I'm more familiar with the access and excel object models).

Thank you for any help you can give.

fumei
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Is the watermark a graphic. Or is it text?

AFAIK, if it is a graphic (a file) the answer is no, this can not be done...or at least up to 2003. I do not know if it can be done with 2007.

It is text, then yes, it can be done. Put the watermark in the header.

However, since you state it has columns...and I am unclear how a "watermark" has columns...., then I think it is a graphic, not text. In which case, no, you can not do this.

You can rotate it, resize it, change transparency, from page to page (or at least from Odd to Even pages) by putting the watermark in the header, but not flip it horizontal (mirror it). And you can not put different ones in different headers. Although again, you can change the same one in different headers, but not horizontally flip.

nat1
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Thank you for the reply. The watermark is a graphic, so this is not going to be possible.

Would you know if this is possible with tables? I was thinking that if the watermark was removed in favour of a table. I believe that the watermark has been used just to frame the text.

Thank you again.